Re: Refactoring SysCacheGetAttr to know when attr cannot be NULL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Refactoring SysCacheGetAttr to know when attr cannot be NULL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 14 Mar 2023 at 02:19, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> Rebased v3 on top of recent conflicting ICU changes causing the patch to not
> apply anymore.  Also took another look around the tree to see if there were
> missed callsites but found none new.

I had a look at this. It generally seems like a good change.

One thing I thought about while looking is it stage 2 might do
something similar for SearchSysCacheN.  I then wondered if we're more
likely to want to keep the localised __FILE__, __LINE__ and __func__
in the elog for those or not.  It's probably less important that we're
losing those for this change, but worth noting here at least in case
nobody else thought of it.

I only noticed in a couple of places you have a few lines at 80 chars
before the LF. Ideally those would wrap at 79 so that it's 80
including LF. No big deal though.

David