Re: SKIP LOCKED DATA (work in progress) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: SKIP LOCKED DATA (work in progress)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 1:35 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
David Rowley wrote:

> I've also been looking at the isolation tests and I see that you've added a
> series of tests for NOWAIT. I was wondering why you did that as that's
> really existing code, probably if you thought the tests were a bit thin
> around NOWAIT then maybe that should be a separate patch?

The isolation tester is new so we don't have nearly enough tests for it.
Adding more meaningful tests is good even if they're unrelated to the
patch at hand.

I completely agree that some more isolation tests coverage would be a good thing. I just saw it as something not directly related to this feature, so thought it would be better as a separate patch. From my experience with the project, normally when I try to sneak something extra in, it either does not make the final commit, or gets added in a separate commit.

Regards

David Rowley