Re: Reduce the number of special cases to build contrib modules on windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Reduce the number of special cases to build contrib modules on windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 28 Jul 2021 at 03:52, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker
<ilmari@ilmari.org> wrote:

> > I think using the return value of grep as a boolean is confusing.  It
> > seems more legible to compare to 0.  So instead of this:
> >
> > +             if (! grep { $_ eq $ref} @{ $self->{references} })
> > +             {
> > +                     push @{ $self->{references} }, $ref;
> > +             }
> >
> > use something like:
> >
> > +             if (grep { $_ eq $ref} @{ $self->{references} } == 0)
>
> I disagree.  Using grep in boolean context is perfectly idiomatic perl.
> What would be more idiomatic is List::Util::any, but that's not availble
> without upgrading List::Util from CPAN on Perls older than 5.20, so we
> can't use that.

Ok, if the grep stuff is ok as is with the boolean comparison then I'd
say 0002 and 0003 of the attached are ok to go.

I pushed the v9 0001 and 0005 patch after adjusting the AddFile($self,
...) to become $self->AddFile(...)

I've adjusted the attached 0001 patch (previously 0002) to define
LOWER_NODE in ltree.h as mentioned by Tom.

0004 still needs work.

Thanks for all the reviews.

David

Attachment