Re: pgsql: Flush Memoize cache when non-key parameters change - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: pgsql: Flush Memoize cache when non-key parameters change
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 at 20:27, David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 at 17:31, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> > From what I can see, there are two separate problems here:
> > - force_parallel_mode = regress.
> > - -DRELCACHE_FORCE_RELEASE and/or -DCATCACHE_FORCE_RELEASE.
>
> Thanks. I missed adding keyparamids to the copy/read/write functions.

Looks like the cause of the animals that had the plan change [1][2] is
a timing issue where tenk2 is not auto-analyzed before the Memoize
test.  Due to the lack of stats, Memoize is not considered in the
planner.

I see tenk1 is manually ANALYZEd, so I'll just change the tests to use
tenk1 instead of tenk2.

David

[1] https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=serinus&dt=2021-11-24%2002%3A04%3A18
[2] https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=flaviventris&dt=2021-11-24%2002%3A24%3A03