Re: Advanced Questions about PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Advanced Questions about PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 9 Aug 2021 at 17:14, A Z <poweruserm@live.com.au> wrote:

> 1) Are there free scripts for CREATE TYPE (native type), more advanced, <date> or <datetime> sorts of types out
there,online, free for commercial use? With function support, too? Can someone reply with a link or a suggestion?

> 2) How may I get PostgreSQL to output the create table statement(s) for one or more tables inside one database,
withoutissuing instructions via the command line, but only inside a database login, as a query or pl/sql?

> 3) I know that I can use COPY to import or export one database table between it and a *.csv file. Can I use it to do
thiswith multiple TABLES and *.csv files specified in one COPY COMMAND, or not?

> 4) In the absence of OS command line instructions, is there an internal postgresql way, via COPY or another function
forexample, to backup an entire database, with all its create table statements and all insert statements, and any other
associatedobjects as well, in one hit? Or is this ill- advised?

> 5) When setting up communication to remote databases on remote machines, I need to use the OPTIONS() function. It
seemsto require as its first function parameter, the schema of the table (the second parameter) that it wants to
access.Can I supply a null schema, and still be able to reference the remote table, or must I also make use of IMPORT
FOREIGNSCHEMA?

> 6) How may I access, query, the log for the details of a normal table, or similar?
>
> 7) I have found that the native trigonometry functions, namely the radians versions, do produce error results around
keytrigonometry input values. I have discovered that these errors persist, even if I cast the input parameter away from
DOUBLEPRECISION and into DECIMAL. I would like to know if there are any freely available scripts out there that include
ArbitraryPrecision mathematical functions support that work on DECIMAL and not on DOUBLE PRECISION, that do not produce
anyerror values around key inputs? Could someone refer me to a website that has a script that is such?

This is the wrong mailing list for this type of thing.

I suggest you review the answers that you've already received to these
questions in the general mailing list.  They all look like general
questions to me.

If you're not happy with the answers you get there, then see if you
can get someone to expand on the existing answer or provide further
details that might help them help you.

Ignoring everyone that's tried to help you is likely not a good way
for you to obtain the help you need.

David