Re: Keep elog(ERROR) and ereport(ERROR) calls in the cold path - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Keep elog(ERROR) and ereport(ERROR) calls in the cold path
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 3 Nov 2020 at 20:08, Peter Eisentraut

> On 2020-09-29 11:26, David Rowley wrote:
> > I've marked this patch back as waiting for review. It would be good if
> > someone could run some tests on some intel hardware and see if they
> > can see any speedup.
>
> What is the way forward here?  What exactly would you like to have tested?

It would be good to see some small scale bench -S tests with and
without -M prepared.

Also, small scale TPC-H tests would be good.    I really only did
testing on new AMD hardware, so some testing on intel hardware would
be good.

David