Re: BUG #17495: Regression in 15beta1 when filtering subquery including row_number window function - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David Rowley
Subject Re: BUG #17495: Regression in 15beta1 when filtering subquery including row_number window function
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 26 May 2022 at 20:44, Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> wrote:
> Another review comment:
>
> - * extra_used_attrs can passed as non-NULL to mark any columns that we should
> + * extra_used_attrs can be passed as non-NULL to mark any columns that we should

Thanks for the reviews.

Since the latest patch didn't require changing the WindowClause
struct, I saw no reason to delay fixing the bug. I've now pushed the
patch after doing a bit more work on the comments.

I also added the missing initialization of runCondition in
transformWindowDefinitions().

I am keen to devise some way of not having this feature scribble
anything on the WindowClause struct.  I just think we need to come up
with some supplementary data structure that's not "Query" to write
these sorts of things down on. I'm thinking that's PG16 material now.

David