Re: Wired if-statement in gen_partprune_steps_internal - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Wired if-statement in gen_partprune_steps_internal
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 at 00:49, Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks David.  Actually, I was busy updating the patch to revert to
> gen_partprune_steps_internal() returning a list and was almost done
> with it when I saw your message.
>
> I read through v3 and can say that it certainly looks better than v2.
> If you are happy with gen_partprune_steps_internal() no longer
> returning a list, I would not object if you wanted to go ahead and
> commit the v3.
>
> I've attached the patch I had ended up with and was about to post as
> v3, just in case you wanted to glance.

Thanks.  I've made a pass over that and just fixed up the places that
were mixing up NIL and NULL.

I applied most of my comments from my last version after adapting them
to account for the variation in the functions return value. I also did
a bit more explaining about op steps and combine steps in the header
comment for gen_partprune_steps_internal.

Patch attached.

David

Attachment