Re: BUG #17067: FailedAssertion at castNodeImpl - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David Rowley
Subject Re: BUG #17067: FailedAssertion at castNodeImpl
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, 21 Jun 2021 at 22:10, Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 5:48 PM David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm quite surprised that we don't have a test that picks this up.
>

>  A distinct group by clause would help to reveal this issue as:
>
>     explain select * from t GROUP BY distinct a, rollup(b);
>
> Maybe we can add a test case to cover it.

Since beta2 deadline is looming, I pushed the simple fix for now. I'll
start a thread on hackers to ask the authors of the patch about
additional testing.

Yaoguang, the fix went in as of [1]. Thanks again for the report.

David

[1] https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=8d29d45d9b3cab95a866efbcdd9138b3d76741b3