Re: BUG #17879: ERROR: unrecognized node type: 2139062143 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David Rowley
Subject Re: BUG #17879: ERROR: unrecognized node type: 2139062143
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 30 Mar 2023 at 23:54, David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
> I see a few ways to fix; 1) always make a list_copy() of the list
> before calling generateSerialExtraStmts(), or; 2) make a copy of the
> list inside generateSerialExtraStmts() unconditionally, or 3) at the
> very least, just make a copy before calling list_delete_nth_cell().

I ended up pushing #2 as a fix. It just seems nicer to make sure that
the new command gets a completely different copy of the List in all
cases.  That seems likely to reduce the chances of any future bugs
that might be caused if we ever add future code which modifies the
input list.

The fix will appear in 15.3

Thanks again for reporting this.

David