Re: Use generation context to speed up tuplesorts - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Use generation context to speed up tuplesorts
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 at 02:10, Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> I did run the same set of benchmarks as for Slab, measuring some usual
> allocation patterns. The results for i5-2500k machine are attached (for
> the xeon it's almost exactly the same behavior). While running those
> tests I realized the last patch is wrong and sets allocChunkLimit=1,
> which is bogus and causes significant regression. So here's an updated
> version of the patch series too.

I know you're not done with these yet, but FWIW, I was getting an
Assert failure with these patches on:

Assert(total_allocated == context->mem_allocated);

It seems to be because you've forgotten to ignore keeper blocks when
adjusting context->mem_allocated in GenerationReset()

David