Re: strncpy is not a safe version of strcpy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: strncpy is not a safe version of strcpy
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 4:13 PM, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
I share your (Kevin's) discomfort with our use of strlcpy().  I wouldn't mind
someone replacing most strlcpy()/snprintf() calls with calls to wrappers that
ereport(ERROR) on truncation.  Though as reliability problems go, this one has
been minor.

Or maybe it would be better to just remove the restriction and just palloc something of the correct size?
Although, that sounds like a much larger patch. I'd vote that the strlcpy should be used in the meantime.

Regards

David Rowley