Re: Date vs Timestamp without timezone Partition Key - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Date vs Timestamp without timezone Partition Key
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Sat, 6 Jun 2020 at 14:12, Cedric Leong <cedricleong@gmail.com> wrote:
> Somewhat unrelated but note to anyone who wants to swap out partition keys. Don't create a clone of the table with
thenew partition key and insert data. It messes up the query planner massively and makes everything much slower.

That complaint would have more meaning if you'd mentioned which
version of PostgreSQL you're using. The performance of partitioning in
PostgreSQL has changed significantly over the past 3 releases. Also
would be useful to know what you've actually done (actual commands).
I can't imagine it makes *everything* slower, so it might be good to
mention what is actually slower.

David