Re: BUG #17068: Incorrect ordering of a particular row. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David Rowley
Subject Re: BUG #17068: Incorrect ordering of a particular row.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, 23 Jun 2021 at 01:26, Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you change the SELECT list to output alias3::text, there's a
> different value there:

Yeah, if I change it to ORDER BY alias3.lastname, nullnamesb.id;
instead of ORDER BY alias3.*, nullnamesb.id; then the tie break using
btint4fastcmp() is called more often.  It's also getting called with
the missing 4s which I mentioned upthread.

See the two outputs.  That points me towards something weird going on
in record_cmp().

David

Attachment