Re: Streaming read-ready sequential scan code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Streaming read-ready sequential scan code
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 4 Apr 2024 at 14:38, Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking at it in the code, I am wondering if we should call
> heap_page_prep() heap_scan_page_prep(). Just wondering if it is clear
> that it is prepping a page to be scanned. You choose whatever you
> think is best.

I ended up calling it heap_prepare_pagescan() as I started to think
prep/prepare should come first. I don't think it's perfect as the
intended meaning is heap_prepare_page_for_scanning_in_pagemode(), but
that's obviously too long.

I've pushed the v9-0001 with that rename done.

David