Re: Remove useless int64 range checks on BIGINT sequence MINVALUE/MAXVALUE values - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Remove useless int64 range checks on BIGINT sequence MINVALUE/MAXVALUE values
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 3 Jul 2021 at 22:44, Peter Eisentraut
> I don't think this is a good change.

> I think we should leave it as is.

I'm inclined to agree.

When I mentioned adding a comment I'd not imagined it would be quite
so verbose. Plus, I struggle to imagine there's any compiler out there
that someone would use that wouldn't just remove the check anyway. I
had a quick click around on https://godbolt.org/z/PnKeq5bsT and didn't
manage to find any compilers that didn't remove the check.

David