Re: postgres is slow on windows - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Samed YILDIRIM
Subject Re: postgres is slow on windows
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello Nazneen,

You compare two setups; one is PostgreSQL 14 on Windows and the other is PostgreSQL 15 on Linux. It is really hard to make a fair comparison and reach a conclusion. You, at least, need to have the same version of PostgreSQL version on both environments. Ideally, both PostgreSQL setup should be optimised for that specific environment and characteristics of the workload. Then, it would be possible to compare them.

You can check what has been changed with PostgreSQL 15. You may want to check specifically performance improvements. 🙂

Best regards.
Samed YILDIRIM