Re: Backing up database fails - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Caughey
Subject Re: Backing up database fails
Date
List pgadmin-support
Follow up: I took the SQL generated by the backup command (visible when looking at the "More details..." of the running backup job), and ran it directly on the server, and the backup took up about a minute (rather than failing after 15 hours).

So I have a solution, but how is it that running the backup job via pgAdmin takes 1000x times longer?

Other point of interest... clicking "Stop Process" to kill the backup may take an hour or so to actually stop the process.  I.e., it continues to grind away and transfer data to the local PC for a long, long time.

Cheers,
Dave