Re: BUG #15548: Unaccent does not remove combining diacritical characters - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Hugh Ranalli
Subject Re: BUG #15548: Unaccent does not remove combining diacritical characters
Date
List pgsql-bugs

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 at 01:09, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
OK, committed then. I have yet to study yet the other part of the
proposal regarding diatritical characters.  Patch 3 has a conflict for
the regression tests, so a rebase would be needed.  That's not a big
deal though to resolve the conflict.  I am also a bit confused by the
newly-generated unaccent.rules.  Why nothing shows up for the second
column (around line 414 for example)?  Shouldn't we have mapping
characters?

That concerned me, as well. I have confirmed the lines are not empty. If you open the file in a text editor (I'm using KDE's Kate), and insert a standard character at the beginning of one of those lines, the diacritic then appears, combined with the character you just entered. The only program I've found that wants to display them on their own is vi (and I only just thought of trying that).

From what I can tell, this is likely a font issue:
Hugh