Re: BUG #15548: Unaccent does not remove combining diacritical characters - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Hugh Ranalli
Subject Re: BUG #15548: Unaccent does not remove combining diacritical characters
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 3 Jan 2019 at 13:22, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I think the point is that if the committee updates with a further
> version of the file, how do you find the new version?  We need a URL
> that's one step removed from the final file, so that we can see if we
> need to update it.  Maybe we can provide both URLs for convenience.

+1.  Could be phrased along the lines of "documents are at URL1,
currently synced with URL2" so that it's clear that URL2 should
be updated when we re-sync with a newer release.

Yes, this is what I was thinking. I was integrating this into my installer, used the "new" URL provided to download the file, and spent several minutes wondering why the script was failing (and what I had broken in it), before realising what had happened.