Re: Amcheck verification of GiST and GIN - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrey Borodin
Subject Re: Amcheck verification of GiST and GIN
Date
Re: Amcheck verification of GiST and GIN  (vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Mar 19, 2023 at 4:00 PM Andrey Borodin <amborodin86@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, there are INCLUDEd attributes. Right now we just put them as-is
> to the bloom filter. Does this constitute a TOAST bug as in B-tree?
> If so, I think we should use a version of tuple formatting that omits
> included attributes...
> What do you think?
I've ported the B-tree TOAST test to GiST, and, as expected, it fails.
Finds non-indexed tuple for a fresh valid index.
I've implemented normalization, plz see gistFormNormalizedTuple().
But there are two problems:
1. I could not come up with a proper way to pfree() compressed value
after decompressing. See TODO in gistFormNormalizedTuple().
2. In the index tuples seem to be normalized somewhere. They do not
have to be deformed and normalized. It's not clear to me how this
happened.

Thanks!

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

Attachment