Re: How to discard partially retrieved result set with the C API? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dmitriy Igrishin
Subject Re: How to discard partially retrieved result set with the C API?
Date
List pgsql-general

When single row mode is enabled, after retrieving part of the result set, I'm no longer interested in the rest of it (due to error handling or other reasons). How can I discard the result set without repeatedly calling PQgetResult() in such situation ?
The result set may be quite large and it's inefficient to call PQgetResult() repeatedly, so it's necessary to do so sometimes.

Thanks
Yao
I think you should use PQcancel().

--