Re: pg_listening_channels() - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dmitriy Igrishin
Subject Re: pg_listening_channels()
Date
List pgsql-general

2012/11/30 Igor Neyman <ineyman@perceptron.com>
> [...]

Well, I guess we disagree on this.

Why trashing the system with NOTIFYs no one listens to?
Of course, like Tom Lane suggested, I could create a table similar to now obsolete pg_listener and manage it from the client that LISTENs and gets notifications.

Also, what sense pg_listening_channels() function makes, if it returns channels that I created (in my current session/connection)?
I don't need this function to know whether I issued LISTEN my_channel or not.
We need pg_listening_channels() because the information it returns should
be stored in the DB and applications (libraries) does not need to store it
in special places.

Regards,
Igor Neyman