Re: Postgres 8.4.20 seqfault on RHEL 6.4 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Dave Johansen
Subject Re: Postgres 8.4.20 seqfault on RHEL 6.4
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 7:35 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Dave Johansen <davejohansen@gmail.com> writes:
> Also, could this be caused by an issue or misuse of libpq/libpqxx in our
> application? If so, is there someway that we could turn on some sort of
> logging logging to see the queries or at least connections that we opening
> when or just before the crash happened?

A client should not be able to crash the server.  (Ideally, anyway...)

That's what I figured, but wanted to check to be sure.

As for logging, log_statements = all ought to help, though it might be
verbose.

Thankfully the crash is only happening on our development server and not the operational one, so the traffic level isn't too high and logging all the statements shouldn't be too insane.

Thanks,
Dave