Re: insert/update performance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jinhua Luo
Subject Re: insert/update performance
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> At the moment, I am also not able to see why it is so.  You might
> want to first try with a simple test (Can you extract insert/update
> statements from application and run it manually for couple of times
> and then run Vacuum to see the result).

I try to do it manually, the issue is the same. It's weird that for
the index, the number of removed rows is correct. Just the table
itself is wrong (Sometimes it's correct too, it seems that it's a
random issue, I'm so confused).

> By anychance have you set a value for vacuum_defer_cleanup_age?

No, I do not configure it.

Regards,
Jinhua Luo