Re: "could not find pathkey item to sort" for TPC-DS queries 94-96 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From James Coleman
Subject Re: "could not find pathkey item to sort" for TPC-DS queries 94-96
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 7:11 AM Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker
<ilmari@ilmari.org> wrote:

> ilmari@ilmari.org (Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker) writes:
>
> > Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> >
> >> +    /* We ignore binary-compatible relabeling on both ends */
> >> +    while (expr && IsA(expr, RelabelType))
> >> +            expr = ((RelabelType *) expr)->arg;
> >
> > There are 10 instances of this exact loop scattered around the codebase.
> > Is it worth it turning it into a static inline function?
>
> Something like the attached, maybe?

I'm not opposed to this, but I think it should go in a separate thread
since it's orthogonal to the bugfix there and also will confuse cfbot.

James