installation not working for Ubuntu 21.10 impish - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Garrett Simpson
Subject installation not working for Ubuntu 21.10 impish
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi there,

I'd like to report what appears to be a bug in the installation process for pgadmin4 on Ubuntu 21.10 . Below is copy and pasted from my question on askubuntu, https://askubuntu.com/questions/1395499/cant-install-pgadmin4-on-ubuntu-21-10-impish-pgadmin4

I'm running Ubuntu 21.10 impish from an external ssd. Things are working well, trying to install pgadmin4 by following the guide here:

https://www.pgadmin.org/download/pgadmin-4-apt/

namely, adding the extra the PPA , updating the apt repository, and then installing with apt:

# Setup the repository
#

# Install the public key for the repository (if not done previously):
sudo curl https://www.pgadmin.org/static/packages_pgadmin_org.pub | sudo apt-key add

# Create the repository configuration file:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb https://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/pgadmin/pgadmin4/apt/$(lsb_release -cs) pgadmin4 main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgadmin4.list && apt update'

#
# Install pgAdmin
#

# Install for both desktop and web modes:
sudo apt install pgadmin4

# Install for desktop mode only:
sudo apt install pgadmin4-desktop

# Install for web mode only:
sudo apt install pgadmin4-web

# Configure the webserver, if you installed pgadmin4-web:
sudo /usr/pgadmin4/bin/setup-web.sh

^ note these are the official instructions from pgadmin.org, which says it has support for Ubuntu 21.10 (Impish, from v6.2) (I don't know what the v6.2 means, but whatever)

It appears that everything installs, and then when I try running $ pgadmin4 , nothing happens

I tried manually specifying amd64 architiecture and even switching to the LTS focal endpoint using $ sudo vim /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgadmin4.list, changing

deb https://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/pgadmin/pgadmin4/apt/impish pgadmin4 main

deb [arch=amd64] https://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/pgadmin/pgadmin4/apt/focal pgadmin4 main

Still no joyy....what am I missing here? and Ideally, how would I do it all in an automated script? Setting up a new system, and wrestling with stuff like this is never enjoyable.