Is Autovacuum running? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brad White
Subject Is Autovacuum running?
Date
Re: Is Autovacuum running?  (David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
I'm concerned that Autovacuum may not be running based on the results of this query.

SELECT relname, last_vacuum, last_autovacuum FROM pg_stat_user_tables;
gives 211 rows like this...
relname                    | last_vacuum | last_autovacuum
BusinessIncidentCategories | null | null
Valid Use                  | null | null
Serial Pool Part Types     | null | null
BusinessIncidentLog        | null | null
Rate Categories            | null | null

I don't see any process with 'auto' or 'vacuum' in the name in TaskManager.
I don't see anything similar set up in Services to run in the background.
I do see pg_ctl running for each instance of the server running, 9.4 and 14.

The settings look ok as far as I can tell.

SELECT name, setting FROM pg_settings WHERE name='autovacuum';
name       | setting
autovacuum | on

SELECT name, setting FROM pg_settings WHERE name='track_counts';
name         | setting
track_counts | on

SELECT relname, reloptions FROM pg_class;
These are not turned OFF, and I assume the default is ON.
relname               | reloptions
pg_statistic          | null
pg_type               | null
Activity Codes        | null
Activity Codes_ID_seq | null

SELECT * from pg_settings where category like 'Autovacuum';
autovacuumonAutovacuumStarts the autovacuum subprocess.sighupbooldefaultonon
autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor0.1AutovacuumNumber of tuple inserts, updates, or deletes prior to analyze as a fraction of reltuples.sighuprealdefault01000.10.1
autovacuum_analyze_threshold50AutovacuumMinimum number of tuple inserts, updates, or deletes prior to analyze.sighupintegerdefault02.15E+095050
autovacuum_freeze_max_age2E+08AutovacuumAge at which to autovacuum a table to prevent transaction ID wraparound.postmasterintegerdefault1E+082E+092E+082E+08
autovacuum_max_workers3AutovacuumSets the maximum number of simultaneously running autovacuum worker processes.postmasterintegerdefault1838860733
autovacuum_multixact_freeze_max_age4E+08AutovacuumMultixact age at which to autovacuum a table to prevent multixact wraparound.postmasterintegerdefault100000002E+094E+084E+08
autovacuum_naptime60sAutovacuumTime to sleep between autovacuum runs.sighupintegerdefault121474836060
autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay20msAutovacuumVacuum cost delay in milliseconds, for autovacuum.sighupintegerdefault-11002020
autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit-1AutovacuumVacuum cost amount available before napping, for autovacuum.sighupintegerdefault-110000-1-1
autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor0.2AutovacuumNumber of tuple updates or deletes prior to vacuum as a fraction of reltuples.sighuprealdefault01000.20.2
autovacuum_vacuum_threshold50AutovacuumMinimum number of tuple updates or deletes prior to vacuum.sighupintegerdefault02.15E+095050