Re: pg_terminate_backend for same-role - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Farina
Subject Re: pg_terminate_backend for same-role
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 9:39 PM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 8:14 AM, Daniel Farina <daniel@heroku.com> wrote:
>> Parallel to pg_cancel_backend, it'd be nice to allow the user to just
>> outright kill a backend that they own (politely, with a SIGTERM),
>> aborting any transactions in progress, including the idle transaction,
>> and closing the socket.
>
> +1

Here's a patch implementing the simple version, with no more guards
against signal racing than have been seen previously.  The more
elaborate variants to close those races is being discussed in a
parallel thread, but I thought I'd get this simple version out there.

--
fdr

Attachment