Advice on key design - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From JORGE MALDONADO
Subject Advice on key design
Date
Re: Advice on key design
Re: Advice on key design
List pgsql-sql
I have 2 tables, a parent (tbl_persons) and a child (tbl_languages_per_person) as follows (a language table is also involved):

------------------
tbl_persons
------------------
* per_id
* per_name
* per_address

--------------------------------------
tbl_languages_per_person
* lpp_person_id
* lpp_language_id
* lpp_id

As you can see, there is an obvious key in the child table which is "lpp_person_id + lpp_language_id", but I also need the field "lpp_id" as a unique key which is a field that contains a consecutive number of type serial.

My question is: what should I configure as the primary key, "lpp_person_id + lpp_language_id" or "lpp_id"?
Is the role of a primary key different from that of a unique index?

With respect,
Jorge Maldonado