Collation and Character Type - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From JORGE MALDONADO
Subject Collation and Character Type
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi,

I installed PostgreSQL 11.5 for Windows and set it to the character set "Spanish Mexico 1252" (this is asked during installation).
When I create a new database, I am asked for "Collation" and "Character type" and the options shown are: "C", "POSIX" and "Spanish_Mexico.1252". Before clicking on the "Save" button to actually create it, I go to the "SQL" tab and I see something like this:

CREATE DATABASE riopoderoso
    WITH
    OWNER = postgres
    TEMPLATE = template0
    ENCODING = 'WIN1252'
    LC_COLLATE = 'Spanish_Mexico.1252'
    LC_CTYPE = 'Spanish_Mexico.1252'
    TABLESPACE = riopoderoso
    CONNECTION LIMIT = -1;

If I want a different value for "LC_COLLATE" and "LC_CYPE", can I just copy this code, change such values and run it as a query in the "SQL Shell"? Is this a correct procedure?
I wonder if I need to do some additional configuration so other character sets appear in the "Collation" and "Character type" shown below. However, it seems to me that the CREATE DATABASE command in the documentation shows that this is enough.

image.png

Regards,
Jorge Maldonado

Libre de virus. www.avast.com