How to correctly include double quotes in an insert statement - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From JORGE MALDONADO
Subject How to correctly include double quotes in an insert statement
Date
Re: How to correctly include double quotes in an insert statement  (Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroeder@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-novice
Hello,

I have a tab-delimited text file from which I have to populate a table.
After reviewing the data in such a text file I noticed that there are fields containing double quotes.
For example, I found several rows like this:

     CODE                                      DESCRIPTION                                             CATEGORY         BRAND
ACEITERA-102 "ACEITERA GOTA VISIBLE 102mm 4"" X 3/4"""    LUBRICANTES RICSA
ACEITERA-13   "ACEITERA GOTA VISIBLE 25mm 1"" X 1/4"""         LUBRICANTES RICSA
ACEITERA-32         "ACEITERA GOTA VISIBLE 32mm 1-1/4"" X 1/4""" LUBRICANTES RICSA

As you can see, the DESCRIPTION field is surrounded by double quotes.
Also, measurement in inches are included using a pair of double quotes.
I am writing code to perform the export process to a table and I already removed the double quotes that surround the DESCRIPTION and also one of the double quotes that represent the inches.
So, when the export process runs, each line is converted to the following format before performing the INSERT operation:

ACEITERA-102 ACEITERA GOTA VISIBLE 102mm 4" X 3/4"    LUBRICANTES RICSA
ACEITERA-13   ACEITERA GOTA VISIBLE 25mm 1" X 1/4"         LUBRICANTES RICSA
ACEITERA-32         ACEITERA GOTA VISIBLE 32mm 1-1/4" X 1/4" LUBRICANTES RICSA

However, I can see that using double quotes still causes some issues later when running our system.
I have also tried to escape double quotes using \" without success like this:

ACEITERA-102 ACEITERA GOTA VISIBLE 102mm 4\" X 3/4\"       LUBRICANTES RICSA
ACEITERA-13   ACEITERA GOTA VISIBLE 25mm 1\" X 1/4\"         LUBRICANTES RICSA
ACEITERA-32         ACEITERA GOTA VISIBLE 32mm 1-1/4\" X 1/4\"  LUBRICANTES RICSA

My C# code reads each row of the text file and splits it to get each field separately.
The result of the split function is a string array of 4 items, for example:

a[0] contains the CODE
a[1] contains the DESCRIPTION
a[2] contains the CATEGORY
a[3] contains the BRAND

I have read several proposed solutions by googling the subject but I have not been able to make it work correctly.
I will very much appreciate your feedback.

Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado