Re: Cannot get a backup using a script - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From JORGE MALDONADO
Subject Re: Cannot get a backup using a script
Date
Re: Cannot get a backup using a script
List pgsql-novice
Thanks for your kind response.
I wrote "Username" only to show that a user name must be provided. It is actually the administrator of the domain.

If I issue the "echo %APPDATA%" command I get "c:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming".

I tested issuing the following command:
SET PGPASSFILE="C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\postgresql\pgpass.conf"
And then "echo %APPDATA%" again, and I still get "c:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming"
Is there any relation between these 2 commands?

Another test I did was to SET APPDATA="C:\Users\Adminstrator\AppData\Roaming\postgresql\pgpass.conf"
After this, I did "echo %APPDATA%" and I get the correct path. Then I issue pg_dump but I still get the same error message.

Best regards,
Jorge Maldonado

On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 3:13 AM, Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> wrote:
JORGE MALDONADO wrote:
> I have been trying to get automated backups of a PostgreSQL database using a script without success.
> The error I get is "fe_sendauth: no password supplied".
>
> I have a pgpass.conf in "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\postgresql\pgpass.conf" with the correct
> information: localhot:5432:dbname:postgres:mypassword

Is this "Username" literally?

What do you get for "echo %APPDATA%"?

The path should be %APPDATA%\postgresql\pgpass.conf

Yours,
Laurenz Albe