Re: Promoting 1 of 2 slaves - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joseph Kregloh
Subject Re: Promoting 1 of 2 slaves
Date
List pgsql-general
What I ended up doing was:

1. Stopping the master.
2. Triggering the promotion of slave A.
3. After slave A was promoted I turned it off and modified the postgresql.conf file to make it a permanent master and setup WAL shipping to slave B.
4. Rsync the pg_xlog directory from slave A to slave B and set recovery_target_timeline to latest
5. Start slave B, then start slave A now master.

So far everything seems to work.

-Joseph Kregloh