Re: pg_upgrade & tablespaces - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joseph Kregloh
Subject Re: pg_upgrade & tablespaces
Date
Re: pg_upgrade & tablespaces  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general

Postgres is going to /usr/local/pgsql/data/drupal_dbspace/ to look for the 9.0 files instead of /usr/local/pgsql_90/data/drupal_dbspace/ and is trying to copy them as 9.3 versions into the new default location which has the same path. Since the new /usr/local/pgsql/data/drupal_dbspace/PG_9.0_201008051 is empty it is failing.

That is exactly what is going on. I think what I am going to end up doing is:

- Leaving 9.0 in the default location, this way it will successfully complete PG upgrade.
- Uninstall 9.0
- Manually move the user created tablespaces into the 9.3 data folder
- Reinstall 9.3 to go into the default location, right now its installed in /opt using the PREFIX
- Move the 9.3 data folder into the default location.
- Cleanup the old 9.0 folders

Then in theory it should start right up.

I would assume that if the user created tablespaces were created outside of the /data folder then this would not be an issue. But again, I am not the DBA, I clean up after everybody else.

Thanks for all your help Adrian.

 -Joseph