Re: pg_upgrade & tablespaces - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joseph Kregloh
Subject Re: pg_upgrade & tablespaces
Date
List pgsql-general

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 4:16 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> wrote:
On 12/19/2013 01:06 PM, Joseph Kregloh wrote:
It's easier to keep things segregated. It is not anymore different than
doing the upgrade in the same jail. Which at the end of the day you are
doing the upgrade in the same jail, because at the end of the day
pg_upgrade just needs the old data an binary to start and create some
dump files.

But the real problem here is with the table spaces. Because in order to
copy the relation over I would need to mount the old data to the
/usr/local/pgsql/data on the new jail. The relation would be there and
would finish successfully(I did this exercise). However the 9.3 install
would be in a different directory, say /usr/local/pgsql_93 and will not
have the data files because they now live in the old install location.

Not sure all of this but I do have this question:

In your original post you have:

pg_upgrade -b /home/jkregloh/pg_bin/ -B /usr/local/bin/
-d /home/jkregloh/pg_data/ -D /usr/local/pgsql/data/ -p 5452 -P 5451 -c

Note:  -d /home/jkregloh/pg_data/

In your mount info you have:

/dev_db/stop_db/postgres_data on /usr/jails/postgres-93-upgrade/home/jkregloh/pg_data/data (nullfs, local)

If I am following correctly should it not be:

-d /home/jkregloh/pg_data/data

Yes, you are correct. That's a typo on my part from copy/pasting earlier.

-Joseph

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com