Re: [ADMIN] [SQL] exporting query result - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Günce Kaya
Subject Re: [ADMIN] [SQL] exporting query result
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi Thomas,

After your mail I figured out that I need export result to excel file. I used workbench before but I did not know to do it.

Thanks a lot,
Regards.
Gunce

On Fri, 12 May 2017 at 19:21, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> wrote:
Günce Kaya schrieb am 12.05.2017 um 17:58:
> Thank you for your advice. But I did not want to ask about using
> Copy. I always use it but my requirement  is if there is anyway to
> export query result to CSV's different sheets.

A  CSV file has no sheets (it does not even have a "structure" as it is plain text).

The tool I am maintaining can do you what you want (or at least what I think you want):

It has a built-in command to export data to various formats including ODS or XLSX which you need in order to create multiple "sheets"

The following command

   WbExport -file=data.xlsx -sourceTable=table_one,table_two, table_three;

Creates a single XLSX file with three sheets, one for each table.

You can download it here: http://www.sql-workbench.net/

For details on the WbExport command see here: http://www.sql-workbench.net/manual/command-export.html

Disclosure: I am the author of that tool.

Regards
Thomas