Re: Support millisecond accuracy for timeouts - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Stevo Slavić
Subject Re: Support millisecond accuracy for timeouts
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hello Oliver,

Thanks for quick reply! I didn't look in the code, relied on docs I referenced and they specify following:

{quote}
loginTimeout = int

    Specify how long to wait for establishment of a database connection. The timeout is specified in seconds.
{quote}

Docs are similar for socketTimeout.

Will have a look in the code.

Regards,
Stevo.

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 8:22 PM, Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com> wrote:
On 25 November 2011 16:07, Stevo Slavić <sslavic@gmail.com> wrote:

> loginTimeout and socketTimeout connection parameters (
> http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/head/connect.html#connection-parameters
> ) seem to be at 1 second accuracy. Could this be improved to support
> millisecond accuracy? Would like to configure these timeouts at value lower
> then a second.

loginTimeout should already support fractional values; what are you
seeing that makes you think it has whole-second resolution?
socketTimeout looks like a small change to do the same (parse as float
and scale to milliseconds), maybe you can send a patch for that?

Oliver