Re: base backup from the standby without pg_basebackup - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Alexey Klyukin
Subject Re: base backup from the standby without pg_basebackup
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 3:27 PM, Vladimir Borodin <root@simply.name> wrote:

> 2 апр. 2015 г., в 15:50, Alexey Klyukin <alexk@hintbits.com> написал(а):
>
> Hi Vladimir,
>

> Well, I haven’t ever tried to do so, but I think the reason that replica
> starts applying WALs from too late location is that you do not copy backup
> label file from master after issuing pg_start_backup. Does your tool copy it
> from master?

Yes, it doesn't exclude it explicitly ,hence, it's archived together
with other files.

Of course, things are getting funny when the archive is taken from the
replica and the label is created on the master, but in fact the
recovery will try to auto detect the initial position even without a
label, so at the end it's likely that the lack of label file is not
the culprit.

--
Regards,
Alexey Klyukin