Re: How to create users for a login Role? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From KhunSanAung
Subject Re: How to create users for a login Role?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi All,

Yes.
I have a database, myDatabase1 with owner (I think the same as login role) db1Owner.
At the moment, I can login to the database with above user only. No other dbUser can access to it.
I have several tables inside the database.
The database is accessible only with the above login. It is not accessible to other role/user.

What I like to have is create several users for a database.
e.g.
I like to allow dbUsers1 , dbUsers2, dbUser3,... to be able to access to the same database (db1Database).
Currently if I assign the dbUsers1 as the owner of the database, the 'db1Owner' cannot not access to the 'myDatabase1' database.

How can I allow multi users to allow to access and edit the database?
How can I create multiple database users to allow to access to the same database?

I'm just a beginner to postgresDB.

Many thanks & best regards