How to store the PSQL command result into an array or Python dictionary? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From KhunSanAung
Subject How to store the PSQL command result into an array or Python dictionary?
Date
Re: How to store the PSQL command result into an array or Python dictionary?  (Terry Schmitt <terry.schmitt@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-admin
Hi All,

I have a postgres database with 'myTable' having three columns as followed.

id

SubContinent

 Country

1

South-East Asia

 Indonesia

2

South-East Asia

 Thailand

3

South-East Asia

 Malaysia

4

South-East Asia

 Singapore

5

South-East Asia

 Philippines

6

South-East Asia

 Vietnam

7

South-East Asia

 Myanmar

8

South-East Asia

 Brunei

9

South-East Asia

 Cambodia

10

South-East Asia

 Laos

11

South-East Asia

 Timor Leste

I want to filter & select the table with some condition.

SELECT SubContinent, Country from myTable WHERE Country='Thailand' ;

Accessing to pgdatabase via Python is okay for me.

Using the PSQL command via Python, I would like to select the columns and store the values in an array of dictionary like below.

dict= {'SubContinent': 'South-East Asia', 'Country': 'Thailand'};

How can I put the selection result into a Python dictionary?

Any help is highly appreciate.

Many thanks in advanced.

Best regards

--