Re: Sample databases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carlos Mennens
Subject Re: Sample databases
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 9:53 AM, Vraj Mohan <r.vrajmohan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a good sample database (with decent data volumes) for
> postgresql? I am interested in one for learning and automated testing.
>
> I looked at http://pgfoundry.org/projects/dbsamples/ (specifically at
> pagila), but it seemed incomplete and not maintained,

I've spent some months searching a year ago and found the same thing
as you. All the sample databases for PG are terrible. They're old, not
maintained, incomplete, or just useless. I too would love to have a
sample database with large data and relational values. Sadly unless
you create one yourself, I don't think there's one publicly available
that meets our expectations.

--
Carlos Mennens