Update Mass Data in Field? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Carlos Mennens
Subject Update Mass Data in Field?
Date
Re: Update Mass Data in Field?  ("David Johnston" <polobo@yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-sql
I'm new to SQL so I'm looking for a way to change several email
addresses with one command. For example everyone has a 'holyghost.org'
domain and I need to change a few 100 email addresses in the field
'emp_email'. I need to UPDATE employees table which has a COLUMN
'emp_email' and change %holyghost.org to %ghostsoftware.com.

I tried:

UPDATE employees SET emp_email = '%ghostsoftware.com' WHERE emp_email
LIKE '%holyghost.org';

It didn't update anything when I ran the command. Does anyone know how
I need to correct my SQL statement above to change everyone's email
address?