Re: PostgresSQL 9.5 and systemd autorestart but without replication. - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Poul Kristensen
Subject Re: PostgresSQL 9.5 and systemd autorestart but without replication.
Date
List pgsql-admin
Yes.

And a library as the one on the master have to established on the standby server in order to continue WAL archives on
standby.
As far as I remember I experienced the same situation using the "hot_standby" option in the "standby server" section(together with at riggerfile).
There is no solution that makes automatic switching between replication nodes ensuring no dataloss even not a glusterfs just by itself.
A third replicated server has to be added. PostgreSQL - in my opion - ought be able to meet network interruptions as they
seem to quite common making nodes switch several times each day. As one of you kind people said: To be sure against dataloss
use a cluster(at least 2 servers) plus a replication server.

Thanks a lot for helping.

Poul

Poul Kristensen <bcc5226@gmail.com> writes:
> No, it is turned off.
> Nothing in the "standby section" in postgresql.conf is turned on.

Then it's behaving as expected for a cold standby server, I think.
It's going to stay in this state until told to promote.

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Poul Kristensen
Linux-OS/Virtualizationexpert and Oracle DBA