Re: Proposal: ON UPDATE REMOVE foreign key action - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kirill Berezin
Subject Re: Proposal: ON UPDATE REMOVE foreign key action
Date
List pgsql-hackers
orjust answer to channel. Some feedbacks were sended in personal, and some include channel copy. <br /><br />Thanks for
"anybody",i mean inclusive owner himself. For example cookie poisoning.</div><div class="gmail_extra">There is no
"another"session, technically. They similar to the server, they even can have same IP.</div><div
class="gmail_extra">Yes,we can't prevent it with CSRF cookies, but it is not the point of current
table:make extra query. Im just dont like how it looks from perspective of encapsulation.</div><div
class="gmail_extra">Eachtable should describe itself, like object in OOP language. With SQL constructions or
datacache. When user update version(generation), cache should be flushed. As easy example: imagine i am fetching
currencyvalue. And till end of the day, i am honor current course. (Or any other information, that has certain origin
checkpoints).When i am updating origin state (current day, server version, ip address, neural network generation), i am
calculatingdigits of the square root, of some number. The more i spend time, the closer my approx value to irrational
result.But when original value has changed - all previous data does not make sense. I am flushing it and starting from
real-worldcases. I may try imagine some hypothetical situations, when this functionality more welcomed. But, i am
respectreasons why do not apply this proposal. If my update didn't shift the balance, its ok. on update trigger is not
suchpainful.</div></div>