Re: Running concurrent txns and measuring the timings in Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Souvik Bhattacherjee
Subject Re: Running concurrent txns and measuring the timings in Postgres
Date
Re: Running concurrent txns and measuring the timings in Postgres  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
List pgsql-general
> It would help to know what problem you are trying to solve?

Multiple txns are inserting tuples into a table concurrently. Wanted to measure
the total time taken to complete the insertion process. Some txns overlap with
others on the tuples they insert. Duplicate tuples are not inserted.

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 1:58 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 7/24/19 9:54 AM, Souvik Bhattacherjee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a standard procedure to execute two or more concurrent txns at
> the same time? I understand that if we want to run concurrent txns, we
> need to execute them from different psql sessions. But how do we make
> sure that they begin execution almost at the same time.

Well different sessions be they psql or some other client. That would be
the difficulty, determining what is submitting the transaction.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com