Upgrade 96 -> 11 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From James Sewell
Subject Upgrade 96 -> 11
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm in the process of upgrading from 96 -> 11 (on RHEL 7.3) . Both the versions have PostGIS 2.5.1 installed and working.

pg_upgrade fails with:

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 440; 1259 537086 TABLE tablename databasename
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  relation "public.spatial_ref_sys" does not exist
LINE 39:     "location_pt" "public"."geography"(Point,4283),

On looking further at the sequence of events I can see that:
  1. The PostGIS extension is created (but somehow the related tables such as spatial_ref_sys do not get created)
  2. The tablename table gets created causing the above error
  3. At some point later in the upgrade  spatial_ref_sys is to be created

Is there any way round this type of issue (I guess forcing spatial_ref_sys to be created either with the extension as normal or just before any tables which rely on it).

Cheers,
James Sewell,

The contents of this email are confidential and may be subject to legal or professional privilege and copyright. No representation is made that this email is free of viruses or other defects. If you have received this communication in error, you may not copy or distribute any part of it or otherwise disclose its contents to anyone. Please advise the sender of your incorrect receipt of this correspondence.