Re: Making "COPY partitioned_table FROM" faster - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Melanie Plageman
Subject Re: Making "COPY partitioned_table FROM" faster
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 7:26 PM, David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Fixed in the attached v4. That's the only change.

I don't see an attachment.

> So, I thinking I'm missing something. Which of the changes would cause the
> performance improvement from patch v2 to v3? My understanding is:

You could probably narrow it down by reverting those changed
one-by-one and seeing if it was just one in particular that caused the
performance improvement or if it was some combination of the changed.
Sounds like that would take quite a bit of time and it would only be
for a learning experience, but an interesting one!

We are probably okay without doing that in this case. Assuming v4 changed that typo, I feel ready to change the status of the patch to "ready for committer".