Re: Calling PrepareTempTablespaces in BufFileCreateTemp - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Melanie Plageman
Subject Re: Calling PrepareTempTablespaces in BufFileCreateTemp
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 9:19 AM Ashwin Agrawal <aagrawal@pivotal.io> wrote:
Just to provide my opinion, since we are at intersection and can go
either way on this. Second approach (just adding assert) only helps
if the code path for ALL future callers gets excersied and test exist for the
same, to expose potential breakage. But with first approach fixes the issue
for current and future users, plus excersicing the same just with a single test
already tests it for future callers as well. So, that way first approach sounds
more promising if we are fetch between the two.

Would an existing test cover the code after moving PrepareTempTablespaces into
OpenTemporaryFile?

--
Melanie Plageman