Re: Doc: fix track_io_timing description to mention pg_stat_io - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Melanie Plageman
Subject Re: Doc: fix track_io_timing description to mention pg_stat_io
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 27, 2024 at 5:06 AM <Hajime.Matsunaga@nttdata.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> pg_stat_io has I/O statistics that are collected when track_io_timing is
> enabled, but it is not mentioned in the description of track_io_timing.
> I think it's better to add a description of pg_stat_io for easy reference.
> What do you think?

Seems quite reasonable to me given that track_wal_io_timing mentions
pg_stat_wal. I noticed that the sentence about track_io_timing in the
statistics collection configuration section [1] only mentions reads
and writes -- perhaps it should also mention extends and fsyncs?

- Melanie

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/monitoring-stats.html#MONITORING-STATS-SETUP